Join us in the motor city, Detroit, for our 8th Americas Conference. Detroit, September 12-14, 2015. conference.istvs.org
"Ground Vehicle Mobility, Agile Dynamics, and Energy Efficiency in Severe, Unsafe, and Non-Secure Environments of Roads and Unprepared Terrain"
The 2016 8th Americas Regional Conference of the International Society for Terrain-Vehicle Systems will be held at the Detroit/Troy Marriott Hotel in Tory, Michigan, USA and room reservations are available at a discounted group rate.
Detroit/Troy Marriott Hotel
200 West Big Beaver Road
Troy, Michigan 48084, USA
The Detroit/Troy Marriott Hotel is located approximately 30 miles northeast of the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW). The hotel does not provide an airport shuttle service, but there are many ground transportation companies that can taxi/shuttle you to Troy, MI. Please visit the DTW Ground Transportation website for more information.
ISTVS Group Rate: $121.00 USD — 2 double/1 king. All rates are quoted per room, per night, and are currently subject to a 13.00% room tax.
- Reservation deadline: August 1, 2016. After this date the group rate cannot be guaranteed.
- There is a maximum capacity of 4 guests per room for a 2 Double guest room (single room with 2 double beds) and a maximum of 2 guests per 1 King guest room (single room with one king bed).
- The government per diem rate is available for US Federal/Military employees. To reserve the government rate, please contact the conference organizers and they will assist in coordinating the reservation process.
- Cancellation policy: All guest can cancel their reservation without penalty up to 24 hours the midnight before your reservation begins.
Reserve/Register for a Room Online
Website/URL for hotel, hotel info, and contact info:
Website/URL for group rate:
Check-in time: 3:00 PM.
Early check-in times are subject to availability and must be requested in advance.
Check-out time: 12:00 PM.
Late checkout by request and subject to availability.
Why should I stay at the ISTVS Conference hotel, the Detroit/Troy Marriott?
Benefits of staying at the conference hotel include reduced hotel rate, reduced transportation costs (e.g., charges for transportation to and from other hotels) as well as savings in time associated with local travel, not to mention the convenience of being on-site during the conference.
By staying at the Detroit/Troy Marriot, you gain the opportunity to further network with your other attendees and colleagues and remain at the center of the activity. Additional benefits include:
- Amenities: restaurant and bar on site, indoor swimming pool and whirlpool, fitness center
- Internet: complimentary wired and wireless internet
- Hotel Parking: self-parking on-site at the hotel is complimentary
- Free local shuttle service within 5-mile radius
- Conveniently located near entertainment and attractions, including The Somerset Collection—a luxury retail epicenter—and more
Finally, as part of the conference planning and organization, ISTVS has contractual agreements to guarantee a specified number of hotel rooms to be booked by our conference attendees. Because of this, the success of the conference, as well as the benefits described above, the conference organizers recommend the Detroit/Troy Marriott.
Detroit Region — Military and Civilian Research Hub
The Motor City — Military and Civilian Research Hub // Detroit is very well known for it’s rich automotive history. Automotive landmarks worth visiting include the Automotive Hall of Fame, the Henry Ford Museum, and the GM Renaissance Tower.
For some background information on the the history and present high level of automotive interest in the Detroit region: